Sunday, March 1, 2009

Nothing Better ...except maybe















Well things have been quit chaotic around our house this past week or so. We had decided that after 19 years it was time to replace the carpeting in our home. I was so excited. There is nothing better than new carpet...except maybe a new baby. They both have the same features they are so CLEAN and SOFT, and they smell good :0) So here is the pictures of before, during, and after. As you can see There is a definite dirt line, where the furniture was. We decided to save a few bucks and tear up the old carpet ourselves. Craig and Angie helped. Thanks guys!



















We also had a few squeaks in the floor so David decided to fix them before we put the new stuff down. I turned out to be a bigger project than we expected. I gave David a hard time about tearing the whole floor apart just for a few squeaks, but if you want a job done right just call David. I'm thankful that he is a perfectionist.
There are NO MORE SQUEAKS and we practically laid a new living room floor. J/K














We did have a little set back when i was pulling up the old carpet on the stairs. I tangled with the carpet tack strip and I LOST. i ended up having to go in and get 9 stitches in my finger. Which made it hard to move furniture.




Rudy Mendez and his partner Melly did an awesome job. They were really fun to work with and they were good sports in letting me post some pictures of them in action. If your ever need some carpet or any kind of flooring done i would gladly recommend them. They are listed under Mendez carpet installation. 509-488-0179.







3 comments:

Angie said...

I do love the new carpet, it looks like a new home and feels so good on my feet! Good luck with the squeaks!

Yasmine said...

Ok, now I'm REALLY glad we didn't come visit this week. I had no idea it was going to be such a huge project, but Jason said it looks great. (I still don't want to come because what if we stain it!? Everytime we come we have ACCIDENTS!!!)

Miller Family said...

I am so sorry about your finger. I can't wait to see the new carpet at pre-school Tuesday.

I bet in 10 years you will be really happy David was such a perfectionist with fixing the squeaks. It may have gotten worse.