Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What a week




I don't know where to start. I guess it would have to be Goodbye to someone who has had a tremendous influence on my life. My Uncle Lovell. A man who is small in stature, but has the biggest heart. David and i had just left for a weeks vacation to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We got there late Monday night, only to receive a call early Tuesday morning about Lovell's passing. As sad as it is, i know that there were others rejoicing and waiting to welcome him home. As i said goodbye at the nursing home on the Saturday before we left, i told him that i was going to be gone for a little while and that i loved him, and he responded with "I've loved you for a long time". I'm so thankful for him and his great example. I was also able to give him a haircut that week. WOW! So many memories.
If that wasn't enough a couple of days later Jason ended up in the emergency room late at night with acute appendicitis and had to have surgery. He only got to spend one day on his new job as a policeman for The Othello police department. He will be recovering for a couple of weeks, so he will be here for Thanksgiving and be able to attend Lovell's funeral.

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about Lovell. I know it is hard for you guys to get away, so this was really hard to deal with while being gone. Hope you still were able to relax a little. Congrats on 30 years. That is wonderful! Michelle